Sunday 21 May 2017

Who’s the fairest?

Right from my school days I have felt very strongly about one perception that we should be blessed with very impressive looks -- kindda fair & lovely-- to be in good books of almost everyone; be it our teachers, friends, seniors or boss. I have seen beauty surpassing talent and intelligence. I am quite sure many readers would relate to it. Since I had always been one of the first three position holders though with very ordinary looks, I was never a direct victim of this scathing remark "ना शक्ल है ना अक्ल",  often used by our science teacher in school for the students who were niether academically sound nor were blessed with so called fair & lovely beauty. But I lost the 'Best Student of the Year Award' to a very beautiful girl when I was in Class​ VII, it hit me somewhere very deep. Ever since this debate between beauty and brains has been close - to -my heart.


@The following poetic composition is a  very candid expression amidst 'Fair & Lovely' debate...

Tall, slim, fair, full moon glow define beauty
no matter what the temperament  is like
with so called good looks, well built even though a snooty
unconcerned, apathetic aspirant too gets a hike.

In education, career growth and social life
More than once opportunities knock on them with grace
Making them edge over merit with no strife
So much parity due to the fascinating milky white face.

It’s the absence of intention or power
to break the shackles of conventional mindset
or more importantly to question such a shoddy bower
instead of being mute spectators in the rigid closet

of  centuries old dogma ; so thoughtless and baseless
to fathom the beauty of a human being
in terms of complexion, height, looks sans caress
ignoring the basic virtues and inner engineering

unless the literati awakens us all
spreading the message that beauty is not skin deep
short, wheatish  and even dark too enthral
with their poise, elegance and talent in heap

No comments:

Post a Comment